Thursday, April 5, 2012

New Jack City (1991) - Sabrina Brandsema





            New Jack City is about Nino Brown, I feel like this movie is similar to Notorious in the fact that they had a crack house that became extremely successful.  I decided to watch this movie because it was listed as one of the best of 1991 and I've never heard of it before.  I also noticed that it had actors that I am familiar with such as Chris Rock and Ice-T.  Many of the camera angles that they used in this movie are close-ups to extreme close-ups, I believe that they did that because there is a lot of action in this movie; as-well as death.  To truly see the emotions in the eyes of the actors they needed to use this particular camera angle.  In my opinion this movie was a little too intense for me, I liked the plot of it very much and it was definitely interesting to watch, but it was too graphic at times and there was too much reference to drug use. 












No comments:

Post a Comment