Thursday, April 5, 2012

Child's Play (1991) - Sabrina Brandsema



           
 Chuckey, Chuckey, Chuckey..... the days when we were all obsessed with this mass murdering doll.  I'm guilty, I have seen all of them... I remember the babysitter (which was my older cousin) putting them on when I was little (great babysitter, right?) ha. Chuckey is a non-human, almost possessed doll that comes alive and kills people.  I always noticed that the way these films were shot stood out from the rest, they have a lot of lower angle shots - so you actually feel like the mass murdering doll in some scenes.  The camera angles really make it interesting to watch, from high up birds angle views, to low down worms eye views.  Another thing I noticed when watching it recently is how real Chuckey looks, all in all at times this may be a corny film, but the human-like qualities that this doll possesses especially it's eyes makes it EXTREMELY creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment