Friday, April 20, 2012

Jordan Valdez Post #7 Batman Returns

Post #7, Jordan Valdez, Batman Returns, 1992, Directed by Tim Burton

        Batman Returns was another movie from 1992 that was excited to have an excuse to finally watch.  I love superhero movies and all of the newer Batman films so I knew I'd love this one as well.  Even though I know of the characters in this film, I did not know how the story was going to unfold and whether or not Catwoman was going to remain on the good side or the evil side.  The movie was exciting and suspenseful, keeping me on the edge of my seat as I watched the action take place.  Although it was very dark, which is to be expected from Tim Burton, it was still fun to watch.  I find it very cool how movies such as this came out when I was born, only to be reinvented in my adolescence.  The actors in this film are all incredibly talented and it is no surprise that they are still doing great things today.
          Tim Burton has been one of my favorite directors since I saw Nightmare Before Christmas when I was younger.  I have grown to appreciate his style and genius in creating films with such intensity and twisted nature.  There was appropriate use of film techniques such as reaction shots and close ups.  High and low angle shots were also very important in capturing the action scenes in the best possible ways.  However, I still felt that the plot, the action, and the scene were more important to Tim Burton than focusing on common techniques.  I'm sure you can guess that I have to again say that Batman Returns was yet another film from 1992 that portrayed crime.  In this movie however, crime is seen as one of the main genres and is essential in telling the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment