Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Girl (1991) - Sabrina Brandsema






 My girl is by far one of my favorite tearjerkers, which is another reason why I am seriously dumb for not writing my own movie review. It was directed by Zieff the year that I was born, this is definitely a must-see.  Vada lives in a funeral parlor with her strange father, she has many emotional highs and lows throughout the movie, and you as the viewer feel so close to her by the end of the movie, I believe it was directed this way, to feel as if you are almost next to her throughout all her struggles. The soundtrack throughout the movie is really great, I love it, it really reflects the time period which they were in and brings the movie together very well.  A very important part of any movie, even the ones we made in class, is the soundtrack, it can really have a large impact of the mood and feel of the movie.  The way the director shoots the movie at some points are genius, like allowing the audience to feel what happens without actually having to show it graphically - amazing. There are many many manyyy cuts made in this movie referring to previous scenes, flash-backs. 





No comments:

Post a Comment