Monday, February 27, 2012

Jill Rosenblum Post #2: Boomerang (1992)


Boomerang (1992) is directed by Reginald Hudlin and is your typical love story. I thought this movie was decent but not one of my favorites. I had never seen this movie so I was interested in how I would like it. I normally like romantic comedies and this movie did have some funny parts however for most of it it fell flat.

This movies does star big name actors like Eddie Murphy who plays Marcus, Halle Berry who plays Angela, Martin Lawrence who plays Tyler and Chris Rock who plays Bony T. I figured the movie would've been a hit with such big name actors.

Marcus is your typical player who dates different women all the time. He believes that he just the "player" and he is looking for the perfect girl to see if maybe she will make him fall in love. However, his friends know him as the player and encourage that behavior on him. Marcus finally thinks he has found love when he meets Angela but, one of his best friends already dated Angela and fell for her too. Marcus thinks Angela has changed him because he honestly cares for her and feels different about her. No one believes what Marcus says though because of his past. Angela is an artist and inspires Marcus in no other way that any women has before.

This film uses a lot of different shots such as full body, close ups, and medium close ups. I think the movie got the idea of wanting to get the audience involved in the movie which I did like and I did feel like I could interact with movie. Although as I stated, this move fell flat and I thought it was going to be a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment