Monday, February 27, 2012


"Ghost" (1990)
 The one thing I remember about watching Ghost for the first time was the theme song, “Unchained Melody”.  I went out and bought the sheet music so I could learn how to play it on the piano.  It was one of my favorite pieces to play- and I’m not very sure why.  What I do know is that the song is an almost perfect fit as a theme song for the movie and plot.  Although it is a very romantic, it is also sad at the same time- just like the movie.
                Even though Whoopi isn’t my favorite actress, I thought the movie itself was pretty good.  The overall feel I got for the movie was probably different than other people; the feeling of being so unbelievably in love with someone who is right in front of you, but with no way of possibly being with them must be agonizing.  That’s why the theme song fits so well to the actions of the characters and story-line; the viewer can see how in love Sam is with Molly, and how much Molly misses Sam, but no matter what they cannot have the life they thought they were before the murder.
                This movie was not a favorite of mine when it came down to filming, plot, and character development.  It was a pretty bad case of 90’s cheesy romantic movies.  Nonetheless, I think it had a few good key elements, but I think the connection and the prominence of those connections are not strong enough for the view to fully absorb.

No comments:

Post a Comment