Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tamara D. Joseph post # 4: Die Hard 2: Die Harder (1990) directed by Renny Harlin

I am ashamed to call myself a movie fanatic when I have never seen Die Hard 2: Die Harder, directed by Renny Harlin, prior to this class. I started watching movies with my older siblings when I was about eight years old which was three years after “Die hard with a Vengeance” was released. After I got a taste of the latter, I was ecstatic when I found out “Live free or Die Hard” was coming out, but for some reason I never thought about watching the first two movies of the franchise.

I was please to notice detective John McClane remained the same. There was no ambiguity within the movie. John McClane is your typical tough guy action hero who always shows up at the right time and kills the bad guys. The action kept me interested for a 1990 movie; it was pretty decent looking for a movie of that year. Unlike the latest Live Free or Die Hard, which contained of close-up shots, this movie did not have any. I was expecting to see Bruce Willis’ expression from up close, but that was never the case.

The wild success enjoyed by this film and its franchise is due to the exploding, over the top action scenes involved. I would assume that the main shot used in this movie is the moving shot due to the amount of chasing and movement going on during the two hours. After watching this, I am definitely waiting on some free time to watch the very first Die Hard, so I can go back to feeling proud about the list of movies that I have watched on my twenty one years on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment