Friday, March 2, 2012

Point Break 1991 Alex Granata


Point Break
            I decided to give this movie a shot because I’ve heard good things about it.  I looked up the cast list and I was very impressed.  I loved Keanu Reeves in “Hardball” and Gary Busey In “Entourage” so I thought it would be a good fit for me.  I’m also an avid skateboarder who appreciates all types of “action sports” and action sports movies such as “Lords of Dogtown” and “Grind”.  I heard this movie was about a group of surfers and bank robberies so I decided to give it a chance.
            One of my favorite aspects of this movie was that the bank robbers wore masks of presidents to disguise their true identity.  I thought that was ironic how they used presidents to cover themselves up because in reality presidents should be the last ones to steal money.
            It featured that classic style of shot composition and filming, which worked well for the type of film.  However I wasn’t really a big fan of the plot, it seemed to be extremely repetitive.  I do often have trouble watching movies because they are so long and it’s tough for me to stay focused throughout the whole thing (Point Break ran a full two hours).  Other then the surfing scenes, I was generally pretty bored watching it.  I just really wasn’t feeling it for some reason.  

No comments:

Post a Comment